Morphic for WxSqueak updated (v.0.02alpha), new demo, more screenshots
Steven Swerling
2006-07-19 15:18:01 UTC
Fixed a couple bugs, added a proper demo (Freecell, Tetris, a scrollable
morphic pane, and a couple of worlds display in separate wx tabs).

Updated the screenshots too:

http://www.swerlingphoto.com/squeak/wxmorphic/WxMorphic.html

If you already downloaded it, just follow the link to the Monticello
package to update it.
Hi,
http://www.swerlingphoto.com/squeak/wxmorphic/WxMorphic.html
Includes screenshot.
Pretty stable. Windows only.
Take it for a spin and let me know what happens.
Regards,
Steve S.
Cees de Groot
2006-07-19 15:18:01 UTC
Post by Steven Swerling
Fixed a couple bugs, added a proper demo (Freecell, Tetris, a scrollable
morphic pane, and a couple of worlds display in separate wx tabs).
Awesome! Now all I have to do is to find some use for it in my project :=)

(which currently is stalled, because since I refactored a listctrl
subclass wx is crashing on me with errors about virtual functions that
shouldn't be called... :-()
Steven Swerling
2006-07-19 15:18:01 UTC
Heh, running the demo now, I noticed that if I pick up a card in the
FreeCell window and drop it, the card appears momentarily in the other
(native) window. So at least that proves it's all running in one image.
;-)
Yeah, there a some places where code directly talks to Display of the
Input sensor that I haven't got around to patching. But I want to keep
patches to system a mimimum, let things settle down in Morphic land. So
when items slide to trash, or when the marque sizing rectangle appears,
I haven't yet made the effort to make sure it happens on the correct
display. Likewise, although I haven't looked deeply into it, I think the
"swapbuffers" primitives for Wonderland/B3D assume the squeak display,
so those primitives would need to be augmented to receive the
appropriate device context to swap into.
Steven Swerling
2006-07-19 15:18:01 UTC
Post by Steven Swerling
Heh, running the demo now, I noticed that if I pick up a card in the
FreeCell window and drop it, the card appears momentarily in the other
(native) window. So at least that proves it's all running in one image.
;-)
Yeah, there a some places where code directly talks to Display of the
Input sensor that I haven't got around to patching. But I want to keep
(That should say "Display *or* the InputSensor")