[ANN] wxSqueak0.4rc1
Rob Gayvert
2006-07-19 15:18:00 UTC
I just posted a candidate 0.4 release for Win32 on my website. The demo
version is

http://homepage.mac.com/rgayvert/wxsqueak0.4rc1-win32-demo.zip

and the source is

http://homepage.mac.com/rgayvert/wxsqueak0.4rc1-win32-src.zip

Let me know if you encounter any problems. If not, I'll post a regular
release and OS X version to squeak-dev shortly.

.. Rob
Cees de Groot
2006-07-19 15:18:00 UTC
Sigh. So much fun stuff to try out, so little time ;).

I promised myself that I would catch up with my accounting tonight... And
as a taxman deadline is looming the end of the month, I probably won't be
able to take a peek before tomorrow...
.. Rob
Rob Gayvert

.. Rob
Cees de Groot
2006-07-19 15:18:00 UTC
I've thought about this as well, but as I don't know where the oddity
originates from, I was a bit hesitant. Will try it right away and see
whether this gets our app going.
Just loaded our DGV software into 0.4rc1.
#onMenuSelected:... has become #onMenu:... - no problem
Then, when clicking OK on the login dialog, I get a walkback in
runEventProcess.
Apparently, "Wx processEvents" answers nil here, the walkback being
about UndefinedObject and NonBooleanReceiver....
From there, the only thing that happens is an image crash :(
Bummer. #processEvents is supposed to return a Boolean, but in some odd
situations I've seen it somehow return nil. Try modifying the class
method #runEventProcess in WxEvtHandler to say
[ Wx processEvents == true ] whileTrue: [].
and see if that helps. You'll need to evaluate "WxEvtHandler
runEventProcess" for this to take effect.
Cees de Groot
2006-07-19 15:18:00 UTC
[...] and see if that helps. You'll need to evaluate "WxEvtHandler
runEventProcess" for this to take effect.
After that and after I cleaned out all the hacks around 0.3 being 0-based,
the thing stopped crashing ;).

Quick question: layout is off in many places. A typical 'label' 'field'
layout (like a dialog box) has the labels shifted to the right and the
fields being smallish w.r.t. 0.3. Anything obvious that needs to be fixed?

Regards,

Cees
Cees de Groot
2006-07-19 15:18:00 UTC
Post by Cees de Groot
Quick question: layout is off in many places. A typical 'label' 'field'
layout (like a dialog box) has the labels shifted to the right and the
fields being smallish w.r.t. 0.3. Anything obvious that needs to be fixed?
That was another 0 base thing, it turned out. Calls do #addGrowableCol:
with '1' instead of '2' as the argument ;)
Rob Gayvert
2006-07-19 15:18:00 UTC
Post by Cees de Groot
Post by Cees de Groot
Quick question: layout is off in many places. A typical 'label'
'field' layout (like a dialog box) has the labels shifted to the
right and the fields being smallish w.r.t. 0.3. Anything obvious
that needs to be fixed?
That was another 0 base thing, it turned out. Calls do
#addGrowableCol: with '1' instead of '2' as the argument ;)
I went through a lot of this myself in updating the indexes, but I think
having it 1-based is much better from a Squeak standpoint. You should
also see fewer assertion dialogs now since I've starting adding more
range checks in the primitive code (many more to go, though).