Next release - 3.8?
Rob Gayvert
2006-07-19 15:18:01 UTC
I'm wondering about the release schedule for wxSqueak, and whether
it'll be 3.8 based. The reason I'm asking is that I have resolved some
issues with my Morphic-only server side images by moving from 3.7 to
3.8, so it seems to be the case that some critical low-level stuff has
been fixed between these versions (the issue was Morphic hanging and
not being interruptable).
I am still trying to find some time to do this all myself (including
starting with a 3.8b VMMaker), but even my spanking new laptop is a
bit slow for the task so building/testing/... costs time (especially
when you want to apply patches to the wx libs themselves)
I had planned on 0.4 being based on 3.7, and 0.5 on 3.8. But since I'm
way behind getting 0.4
out, I'll take a look at moving to 3.8. Is a stable 3.8 image available
somewhere, or do I need
to build one from the update stream?